Carnival Revamps Guest Recognition ProgramJune 12, 2012
Carnival Cruise Lines has revamped its guest recognition program, calling the “Very Important Fun Person (VIFP) Club” when it rolls out fleetwide later this month. The program will be divided into five levels based on the number of cruise days taken, rather than the number of voyages.
Here are the levels, requirements and perks:
· Blue, for pre-cruise and first-time cruisers: Guests who have never sailed with Carnival can join the VIFP Club for access to members-only specials, promotions and other offers.
· Red, from second sailing to 24 cruise days: Benefits include a complimentary alcoholic/specialty beverage at breakfast or lunch or at the Punchliner Comedy Brunch Presented by George Lopez, a new e-newsletter, and members-only cruise specials and other offers.
· Gold, 25 to 74 cruise days: Members receive a gold member pin, a cocktail party with complimentary drinks and appetizers for gold, platinum and diamond members, as well as all of the benefits of the red level.
· Platinum, 75 to 199 cruise days: Priority embarkation, debarkation, tender service, and dining times (including main dining room and specialty restaurants, if applicable); an enhanced logo gift item; a ship- and year-specific pin each voyage that will be redesigned annually; a dedicated phone number and concierge desk on board; complimentary wash-and-fold laundry service; casino buy-one, get-one tournament entry; complimentary arcade $5 play for guests under 18; and benefits of the red and gold level memberships.
· Diamond, 200-plus cruise days: Guaranteed dining times and specialty restaurant reservations, acknowledgement from the captain at the cocktail party, unlimited wash-and-fold service, complimentary dinner for two in a specialty restaurant, complimentary luggage tag and passport holder, one-time complimentary upgrade or a third or fourth guest sail free offer, a $100 per member contribution to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, and benefits of lower levels.
In addition, VIFP Club members sailing on their 25th, 50th and 75th cruise will receive a shipboard credit equal to 25, 50 or 75 percent of their cruise fare, respectively, for that voyage. Members sailing on their 100th cruise earn a complimentary Caribbean, Mexican Riviera or Alaska voyage of up to eight days long.
VIFP Club members also have access to the web portal to review and modify their cruise history, chart their progress to the next level, watch a video overview of the program, and enjoy members-only specials, promotions and other offers. All Carnival past guests are automatically enrolled in the new VIFP Club and can use their existing past guest number to activate their profile by visiting www.carnival.com/activate.
The new program is being introduced all Carnival ships departing on or after June 25 with the exception of the new Carnival Breeze whose VIFP Club program will be rolled out on July 9.